This eLearning package provides the essential information you need as a livestock producer to prepare for bushfire.
The main objective of this package is to enable you to create a fire plan for your farm.
The template available in the materials tab of this page can be used to produce your own farm fire plan. This template is based on the Farm Fire Plan publication produced by the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS), with additional information specific to beef cattle and sheep farms that is based on MLA funded research about the experiences of producers responding to and recovering from the Black Summer bushfires.
At completion of this module, you will:
- be able to create a fire plan for your farm
- understand how to adequately prepare your farm for a fire season
- understand the preparation needed year-round to prepare for possible fires
- understand the conditions and bushfire alert levels
- know what to do when a fire is approaching.
The farm fire plan template can be found at the end of the manual Bushfire preparation and recovery: A manual for livestock producers