Optimum feedbase production is essential to retaining and expanding a profitable global and domestic Australian red meat and livestock industry.
Through investment in the feedbase and improved pasture management, producers can achieve sustainable and resilient production of red meat.
This training package has been created to help producers make the best choices when investing in a new pasture, including tips and tools to help establish pastures for specific production systems.
At the completion of this module, producers will be able to:
- understand the importance of investing in their feedbase
- confidently be able to measure dry matter (DM) of their paddocks
- understand the basics of pasture composition for their production objectives
- understand the important steps associated with pasture establishment
- understand the importance of good grazing management to maintain the health of pastures.